Playoff Bound Jacksonville looks to Sweep Massachusetts
JACKSONVILLE – The National Arena Leagues #1 ranked Jacksonville Sharks (11-1) enter Week 15 on an 11-game win streak and aren’t looking to be stopped anytime soon. Last week, they defeated the #3 Massachusetts Pirates (7-5) with a 59-42 score which allowed Jacksonville to clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. This Saturday, the Sharks look to continue their dominance over the Pirates and sweep them in the regular season.
Last week in Worcester, Jacksonville’s defense allowed just eight points in the first half, which helped them get the big win. Offensively, the Sharks were able to score on every drive except three (two interceptions and a turnover on downs). Quarterback Jonathan Bane stepped onto the field for the first time in over four weeks and shook off the rust with a five-touchdown performance against one of the better defensive backfields in the league. With the postseason around the corner, the Sharks have several notable players that are in the running for All-NAL honors.
Notable streaks this season:
- Wide Receiver Devin Wilson has had at least one touchdown reception every single game this season
- Wide Receiver Jarmon Fortson is on a seven-game active receiving touchdown streak
- Defensive Lineman Nick Woodman leads the league in sacks (10)
- Defensive Lineman Nick Woodman leads the league in tackles for a loss (12.5)
- Defensive Lineman Nick Woodman leads the league in forced fumbles (4)
- Kicker Brandon Behr leads the league in deuces (18)
- Kicker Brandon Behr leads the league in PAT’s made (78)
- Defensive Back Seth Ellis leads the league in Interceptions (13)
- Jack Linebacker Cody Saul leads the league in tackles (59.5)
This weekend’s home game is Saturday, July 20 at 7p.m. (ET) versus the Pirates in their final regular-season showdown. For tickets please call (904) 621-0700, visit www.jaxsharks.com or www.ticketmaster.com or go to the arena box office. Tickets start as low as $10. The game will be streamed live on the National Arena League YouTube channel.
About the Jacksonville Sharks
The Jacksonville Sharks are members of the National Arena League (NAL). The 2017 NAL Champions and ArenaBowl XXIV Champions and play all home games at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena. Sharks Nation Memberships for the 2019 season are now available. Shark Nation Memberships start as low as $75. To become a Shark Nation member or for more information please call (904) 621-0700. Follow the Sharks on Facebook at facebook.com/jaxsharks and on Twitter and Instagram @jaxsharks, as well as the Attack Dance Team at facebook.com/sharkattackdance and Chum at facebook.com/chumsharks.