Jersey Flight Internship Program
TRENTON, NJ-- The Jersey Flight Organization of the National Arena League (NAL) are looking for qualified individuals to join our 2021 Internship Program. This is a great opportunity to start your career in sports with the Garden State’s only professional arena football franchise. The Jersey Flight have a wide range of opportunities and positions available for interns.
College credits can be earned during internships with the Flight. Internships are available during the second semester for both full and part time students. Freshman and Sophomores are also welcome to apply, as well as students taking a gap year.
Anyone interested in applying for an internship should send their resume and cover letter to CoachT@JerseyFlightFootball.com under the subject line “Application for Internship”
Sales Internship - Be a driving force of building the most passionate fan base in Arena Football. Arena Football is best when there isn’t an empty seat in the house and you’ll be a crucial part of bringing fans to Cure Insurance Arena. Joining our sales department will give you first hand experience in building a sports team’s fan base and valuable skills needed to become a General Manager or Director of Sales.
- Make sales calls to bring in new fans to the Flight family.
- Help the Front Office strategize and execute sales strategies.
- Communicate on the phone with fans who are interested in buying tickets.
- Communicate with businesses about donating to Tix4Kids.
- Attend community events and assist fans looking to purchase tickets for upcoming games.
- Assist walk up fans interested in buying tickets on game day.
- Build a strong rapport with Flight fans and show gratitude for their loyalty.
Marketing/Advertising Intern - Assist the VP of Marketing/Advertising with execution of the marketing strategy. This internship is a great way to learn how professional sports teams engage themselves with the community on and off the field. This is a great opportunity to gain experience towards becoming a professional sports teams marketing director.
- Strategize with the Front Office on ways to gain brand awareness and bring new fans to the stands.
- Attend meetings with the Front Office where strategies and execution plans are discussed.
- Collaborate with the graphic design team on promotional graphics, gameday signage, banners, and in game advertisements.
- Work side by side with the VP of Marketing/Advertising on securing radio and television advertisements.
Community Relations Internship - The Trenton community means everything to us, and we need your help as we become an integral part of the rejuvenation of the community. The community relations internship will allow you to work side by side with the director of public relations. This role will often place you inside the community at events or meet and greets held by the Flight.
- Attend Jersey Flight community events and help with the setup and breakdown of events.
- Run stations or activities at Jersey Flight community events.
- Be an integral part of the “S.O.A.R. 45” youth program.
- Strategize with the Front Office on new ways to engage the community.
- Assist in planning community events.
- Promote upcoming community events on the concourse during games.
Graphics Design Internship - Join our graphics design team and help make our organization stand out in person and online. Graphic Design Interns will collaborate with the Front Office and the Graphics Design team on ways to engage our fans with innovative designs.
- Collaborate with the Front Office and Graphics Design team on new graphics.
- Create graphics such as season schedules, free agent acquisitions, player of the game, player of the week, season awards, promos and sales, sponsorships, etc.
- Work with the marketing team on in game signage and banners.
- Create graphics for television and online broadcast.
Assistant Equipment Manager Internship - This role is as hands on as it gets, you will be an integral part of the equipment our players wear. You will be our equipment managers number two and will get to interact with players and coaches daily.
- Arrive at the arena early to hang up the players' uniforms in the locker room.
- Ensure that all footballs are pumped to the NAL regulations.
- Put air in a players helmet during pregame warmups.
- Have additional pieces of equipment ready for any player who may need it.
- Help the equipment manager with any tasks that arise during the game.
- Help the equipment manager set up the practice field before the team begins.
- Assist players with any equipment questions or needs before practice.
- Set up the (Walls/Cones) marking where out of bounds is at practice.
- On the first day of practice you will help the equipment manager fit and distribute all team equipment to players.
Video Coordinator Internship - The eye in the sky never lies. Be that eye! The video coordinator internship allows you the opportunity to be in charge of our team's film department. Your work will be watched by our players and coaches each week, and will be displayed on players highlight tapes. The Video Coordinator films Jersey Flight games and uploads the film after the game for our coaches and players to evaluate and prepare for the upcoming opponent. You will also get to film Jersey Flight practices, seeing first hand how professional athletes prepare. This role allows you to see every snap we play.
- Film all Jersey Flight home games from the end zone or sideline angle.
- Upload game film to the VidSwap server following the conclusion of the game.
- Film Jersey Flight practices and works directly with the coaching staff on where and what to film.
Broadcast Internship - Work side by side with the Flight’s all star broadcasting team and learn the ins and outs of television and streaming production. Flight games will be broadcast live on Princeton TV Network and live on the NAL’s YouTube stream. Our Play-by-Play broadcaster is Rutgers University Alumni Nick Kosko, who was also the Atlantic City Blackjacks broadcaster.
- Work side by side with SFBN on the production elements of the broadcast.
- Keep your eyes on the monitor and make sure that both streams are live with good quality.
- Bring attention to any pertinent stats or information that the broadcasters need to be aware of during commercial breaks or halftime.
- Have a general knowledge of football to be able to respond quickly to situations.
- Communicate with the stats interns and make sure the broadcasters have correct statistics in a timely manner.
Analytics Internship - Every yard counts. We are actively seeking interns dedicated to recording the stats of our home games. Analytics Interns will record the exact details of every high action and exciting moment of our 2021 season. With the NAL adding Fantasy Football for the 2021 season, our analytics interns will have one of the most important roles in the building.
- Track the game play by play, yard by yard, on the computer.
- Record statistics in the game such as completions and attempts, passing yards, rushing yards, receiving yards, touchdowns, interceptions, fumbles, etc.
- Record stats in the “Live Stats” portion of the NAL website, imperatively important for our leagues first season of Fantasy Football.
- Work side by side with the broadcast team to provide accurate stats in a timely manner for our TV and Online broadcasts.
- Work side by side with the scoreboard operator to confirm that all information is correct.
Gameday Operations Internship - This role brings you to work with us on the best day of the week, gameday! While our players and coaches handle business on the field, we need your help making sure our fans have the best possible experience every time they come to Cure Insurance Arena.
- Fan service / Customer service
- Help set up and coordinate on field promotions and challenges during timeouts.
- Help prepare the field during pre game.
- Attend pregame tailgate and ensure all fans are having a good time and have purchased tickets.
- Line up fans to participate in time out promotions and challenges during the tailgate.
- Assist in creating gameday script.
- Assist those with tables located around the concourse.
- Assist with any tasks directed by supervisor on gameday.
Player Personnel Internship - This internship allows you to work directly with the Flight coaching staff and front office. This is an opportunity to learn from some of the best coaches in Arena Football, while actively contributing to the teams on field success.
- Assist with the maintenance and continual growth of team scouting databases spreadsheets.
- Be an additional eye for the Flight coaching staff during open tryouts and private workouts.
- Help setup and breakdown at open tryouts.
- Record data during open tryouts.
- Discover talented players to attend workouts.
- Keep a continual eye on transactions in the NAL and other professional football leagues.
About the Jersey Flight
The Jersey Flight are a professional Arena Football team based in Trenton, New Jersey. The Flight are a member of the National Arena League (NAL). Home games are played at Cure Insurance Arena in Trenton. The team is owned by New Flight Enterprises, LLC. Follow the team @JerseyFlight on Instagram & Facebook, and @JerseyFlightFB on Twitter.