Albany Empire Ownership & Office Changes Come in Week 3

Mike Kwarta and Key Front Office Personnel Leave The Albany Empire

ALBANY, NY – Former Majority owner of The Albany Empire, of the National Arena League (NAL) Mike Kwarta has announced today that he is no longer affiliated with the team in any way. 

 Kwarta’s company TechEast Fire and Water Restoration has been a major sponsor of the Empire since its inception in 2018 and 2019. Kwarta then went on to become a key factor in the Empire’s return from bankruptcy and surviving the COVID pandemic. From 2021 to the present the Empire has won two NAL championships and created a sustainable business model that has the ability to keep Arena Football in the Capital Region for years to come.

“The goal from when the team was brought back in 2021 was to bring football back to the 518 to stay. We brought two championships in two years and made the team sustainable for the future. Because of this, the history of the Empire in 2018 & 2019, and now 2021 & 2022 can never be erased. The entire goal was to fortify the Empire and ensure it would be a part of the Capital Region forever.” Kwarta continued on to say “I’ll always have strong feelings for the Empire players, coaches, staff, and especially the fans in the 518. I wish the best of luck to our players and coaching staff in bringing home the fourth ring in four seasons. Go Empire!”

Brown will assume 95% of the Empire’s ownership, leaving the von Schiller family and their 5% of the team as the only local ownership remaining. 

Leaving with Kwarta are Team President Matt Woods and Director of Media Relations Jeff Levack. Woods went on to say “It has been an honor to serve the players, fans, and partners of this organization for the last two seasons.  Without the support of so many in our community, the championship product that has been produced and that exists today would not be possible. I am proud of the work that has been put into this team and the lasting impact that we have made”

Jeff Levack added “Thank you to Mike, Matt, and to many other names to list here. Being a part of the Empire from the beginning makes leaving extremely tough, but new opportunities await.”